We all have words that we overuse either when we speak or just when texting. Sometimes saying those words, make them a whole sentence of their own. It’s like some of these words apply the “less is more” principle, so one simple text of them says so much.
I’m bad with sms, text language/acronyms. My text messages are full worded sentences, apart from LOL …and…. see I can’t think even of any other text abbr (abbreviations) to save this post from embarrassment.
Maybe I’m getting too old…The past few weeks it hit me just how OFTEN I use the below words, making them my top 5 overused words:
- Wow – almost every text I send has this word in the sentence. If you think about it, it can be used in absolutely any context e.g hearing shocking news, exciting or any other mundane stuff.
- So – I do not think I have any post where I have not used SO in it. :-O
- Cool – what’s cooler than ice, right?!
- Oh – I normally use this just before the word wow.
- Yeah or Yay – I think I’m easily excited by things.